All lessons are a half hour lesson once a week.
Sneez teaches at On Track Music Guitar Studio (6374 s. 900 e. Murray) on Monday – Friday. Contact us for pricing.
Sherrie teaches at our home studio in Draper on Mondays and Tuesdays (contact us for directions) and on Wednesdays at our 13863 S. Rockwell View Lane location. Contact us for pricing.
Exciting Summer Music Program!
The Groove Dr’s offer an amazing array of Summer Group Drum Lessons designed to skyrocket your musical skills. These fun filled classes are only offered from June through August and have been described to us by students and parents as the highlight of their Summer events.
One of our most popular Summer Programs is the Summer Jam Class. A less formal version of our famous AMPD Student Rock Band Program, the Summer Jam Class allows students to play in a real band for the Summer and perform at our Annual Summer Jam outdoor concert event held each year in August.
We also offer Summer Specialty Classes on everything from Beginning stick technique to our famous group percussion ensemble. Specialty classes vary from year to year so contact us for details.
Why take lessons from the Groove Dr.’s?
1. Sneez, our most experienced teacher, started playing drums at 3 years old and has been teaching since 1985. He has recorded, played and continues to play with Utah’s top artists. He has also recorded drums for numerous ads and movie trailers. His credits include drumming for the Dixie Chicks at the 2002 Olympic Opening Ceremonies in front of 6 million viewers worldwide. He has also performed with 82 artists or bands since moving to Utah in 1978 in which some were nationally famous, and many were locally famous artists and bands. He is currently the drummer for Party Train, The Party of Five, and This Is YOUR band, the nations only live band karaoke group with over 1000 songs for singers to choose from.
2. Sherrie has been teaching since 2002 and is our “Girl Drummer” role model but also has taught many boy students! Sherrie started playing drums at age 5 and took lessons until she was 18. She was also on the snare line in the Alta High marching band, and has performed with many bands including Sneez’s live karaoke band This is YOUR Band.
3. Free introductory drum lessons! Come meet Sneez or Sherrie and get your first drum lesson absolutely FREE!
4. Rock band program. The Groove Drs are partners with the On Track Music guitar school and together we have the best school of rock band program! We have 11 bands that rehearse weekly and are conducted by the master, Scott Graves. These bands are featured regularly through out the year at various concerts.
5. Amazing performance opportunities for our drum students! There is no other music school that does what we do. Here’s a glimpse of what happens in a year:
A. Summer Classes and Summer Jam Band Concert. On Track Music and the Groove Dr’s have put together the best summer program for students to join bands, enroll in specialized advancement classes, and a performance opportunity at our outdoor Summer Jam Concert at the end of August. This is the first step towards getting into one of our famous AMPD bands!
B. On Track Music and the Groove Dr’s Student Fest. Our Student Fest is the largest student concert around and includes an entire weekend filled with performances from Friday night through Saturday day and into Saturday night. Any student of the Groove Dr’s is elligible to perform at Student Fest on Saturday. Student Fest is always held the third weekend in May and is located at the Risen Life church auditorium on 2780 e. 3900 s.
C. On Track Music and the Groove Dr’s Winter Expo Concert. Our Winter concert is held at an indoor venue suitable for kids and family and is usually the end of January/beginning of February on a Saturday. The concert features our AMPD rock bands that practice all year long.
D. Many of our bands are asked to perform for private functions and also have been featured on local TV shows.
6. 2 Locations to choose from! In our Draper, and Murray studios.
7. Virtually no age limit! We teach students as young as 4 and no one is ever too old to start taking drum lessons! Where most teachers don’t take students until they are 7 or 8, the Groove Dr’s have perfected a method for teaching kids as young as 4!
8. Students get to learn all of the essential drum rudiments as well as playing to their favorite music. We have created an amazing system for students to incorporate their exercises into their music.